Stand Alone Pledge
Support for estranged students
Last year the University signed the Stand Alone pledge to provide support to estranged students.
Last year the University signed a pledge to support students going going through University life without a family support network.
The pledge highlights that students experiencing additional challenges will receive a tailored package from the University, providing assistance through additional financial support, helping securing accommodation and ensuring mental health and wellbeing are considered.
Key support includes:
- A £1000 bursary to cover costs for estranged students.
- Access to year-round accommodation in halls of residence.
- Help securing private housing without a guarantor.
- Support from Student Housing
- A student wellbeing adviser as a point of contact throughout university.
Estranged Students' Solidarity Week
The week of beginning Monday 26th November is Student Solidarity week. Come and visit us at the Union to find out more about what an estranged student is and the support available:
- Tuesday 26th November at The Union from 12-2pm.
- Thursday 28th November at The Union from 12-2pm.
- Thursday 28th November in Cafe Coco from 5-6pm.
There will also be the chance to register interest in being part of an estranged students group for those who aren't supported by a family network to network, socialise and get to know more about how to access support and guidance.
Like this article? Share it!