Work with us
Function Manager - Marketing & Brand
Job Reference: UPSU22195
Remuneration: £23,800 - £27,500 per year
Term: Full time, permanent
Closing Date: Midday, 4th October 2023
Interview Date: 17th October 2023
We are looking for a creative and driven individual with an eye for detail and a passion for storytelling, communications and branding
- The Marketing & Brand Function Manager will have operational responsibility for leading the team responsible for the marketing, communications and brand of the Union to drive effective membership relations.
- Their work will facilitate the Unions ability to communicate our strategic aims, priorities and impacts and ensure that we are effectively communicating the student voice to all stakeholders.
- They will be responsible for maintaining the Union’s brand, ensuring all staff in the organisation follow brand guidelines and that the Unions image is managed reputationally.
- The post-holder will develop critical partnerships and identify collaborative opportunities with key contacts.
- Experience of leading marketing projects and have the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities.
- Highly competent in marketing, branding and have the ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders including students, academic staff and external partners.
- Strong communicator, both verbally and written, with the ability to work with a wide range of audiences.
- Experience of managing staff to achieve departmental goals and will work with the Head of Marketing & Engagement, in the development of the function.
What we offer:
- Strong team mentality, supportive and sociable workplace
- Regular training opportunities and team development days
- 38 days holiday (30 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays) and additional Christmas leave (University shutdown)
- Flexible working (e.g. flexitime, career break, paid time off for volunteering)
- 35 hour week
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity, paternity or adoption leave
- Access to University staff benefits: discounted gym membership, free library membership, bike safe
- Employee Assistance Programme
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union (The Union or UPSU for short) is a forward thinking, friendly organisation with a vision of “delivering a positive impact with every Portsmouth student”. As a charity led by its values and guided by its members, we offer a wide range of services and activities to support and enrich the lives of our students. UPSU employs approximately 35 career staff, a further 100 student staff and we work with over 1000 registered student volunteers and over 100 student groups.
How to apply
For more information on this opportunity and how to apply, please visit www.upsu.net/careers.
For an informal conversation about this opportunity, please contact Anita Butler, Head of Marketing & Engagement on 02392 843640
Closing date for applications: 4th October 2023
Interviews will be held on date: 17th October 2023
*Please note that we may close the applications earlier if we receive an adequate number.
We kindly ask that candidates do not send CVs or cover letters as these will not be considered. You can find an application form on our website.
Anonymous shortlisting will be carried out for this role to ensure a fair and consistent approach to recruitment. We will not disclose any personal details to the shortlisting panel. Any documents or links with identifying information will not be used during shortlisting, but can be submitted if you are selected for an interview.
We are strongly dedicated to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) within our community and we are passionate about creating a welcoming and inclusive environment which supports everyone from recruitment through to appointment, regardless of your background. We welcome applications from all talented people and as part of this commitment, we are working to improve the diversity of our workforce to ensure that it is as relevant and representative of our student community as possible and are actively encouraging applications from underrepresented groups.
The Union is a MINDFUL EMPLOYER® and we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture and actively support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.
How to Apply
Completed application forms should be emailed before the closing date to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job title or reference number in the subject.
- CVs will not be considered as applications
- Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application
- Applications must be received before the stated closing time/date
- Applications may also be submitted by post, addressed to: Job Applications, University of Portsmouth Students' Union, Cambridge Road, Portsmouth PO1 2EF
Share Job Post
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University.