Work with us
Senior Student Voice Assistant (Business and Law Faculty)
Job Reference: UPSU22178
Remuneration: £12.00 per hour
Term: Fixed Term until 31st July 2024
Closing Date: Open until position filled
Interview Date: n/a
We are looking for an enthusiastic student to join our team! Please note, you must be apart of the business and law faculty to apply for this role.
Are you looking for an exciting new role that allows you to meet new people, improve the University experience for your peers and enhance your CV?
We are looking for a new student staff member to support the Student Focus team with the delivery of activity for the Course Rep System. As a Senior Student Voice Assistant you will manage a team of Student Voice Assistants to help build strong communities of Course Reps through delivering social and networking events. You will provide administrative support, advice and guidance to reps and support with skills recognition that helps train and develop reps in their roles. You will also communicate with University of Portsmouth students and staff, support activity to enhance your assigned courses, facilitate the capturing of feedback, and promote the Union and other University and City opportunities within your assigned School.
Please note: we are only looking for a Senior Student Voice Assistant for the Business and Law Faculty.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working patterns with the ability to work some hours remotely
- Leadership experience
- Training and development opportunities
- A large supportive team of peers to work alongside
Skills you’ll need and develop in the role:
- Some leadership/management experience
- Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office suite and Google Drive
- Evidence of commitment to strong customer service standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to relate to people at all levels
- Empathy and good listening skills
- Outstanding organisation skills, including excellent attention to detail
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- A commitment to working in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
Please note, you must be available to work in the academic year 23/24
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union (The Union or UPSU for short) is a forward thinking, friendly organisation with a vision of “delivering a positive impact with every Portsmouth student”. As a charity led by its values and guided by its members, we offer a wide range of services and activities to support and enrich the lives of our students. UPSU employs approximately 35 career staff, a further 100 student staff and we work with over 1000 registered student volunteers and over 100 student groups.
For an informal conversation about this opportunity, please contact Rebecca Adams (Senior Representation Function Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about Portsmouth Students’ Union is available at www.upsu.net.
Deadline: Open until filled
We kindly ask that candidates do not send CVs or cover letters as these will not be considered. You can find an application form on our website.
Anonymous shortlisting will be carried out for this role to ensure a fair and consistent approach to recruitment. We will not disclose any personal details to the shortlisting panel. Any documents or links with identifying information will not be used during shortlisting, but can be submitted if you are selected for an interview.
We are strongly dedicated to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) within our community and we are passionate about creating a welcoming and inclusive environment which supports everyone from recruitment through to appointment, regardless of your background. We welcome applications from all talented people and as part of this commitment, we are working to improve the diversity of our workforce to ensure that it is as relevant and representative of our student community as possible and are actively encouraging applications from underrepresented groups.
The Union is a MINDFUL EMPLOYER® and we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture and actively support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.
How to Apply
Completed application forms should be emailed before the closing date to:email@example.com
Please quote the job title or reference number in the subject.
- CVs will not be considered as applications
- Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application
- Applications must be received before the stated closing time/date
- Applications may also be submitted by post, addressed to: Job Applications, University of Portsmouth Students' Union, Cambridge Road, Portsmouth PO1 2EF
Share Job Post
Call: 023 9284 3628
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University.