Work with us
Faculty Rep (Student Role Only) - HSS / CCI / TEC
Job Reference: USPU22191
Remuneration: Voluntary role
Term: Fixed term until July 24
Closing Date: Open until the role is filled
Are you looking for an exciting new role that allows you to meet new people, improve the University experience for your peers and enhance your CV?
Faculty Reps are a vital link between students, Course Reps, Students’ Union and University staff. You will work closely with Course Reps in your faculty to identify most common issues and areas of best practice, which you will then put forward at faculty meetings and other senior level meetings. They will ensure that the views and opinions they put forward are representative of the students within their faculty and will work closely with the University to ensure that student feedback is acted upon.
You will represent and oversee the Course Rep system on a faculty level. You will support and motivate Course Representatives and Student Voice Committee Chairs in their roles. You will be expected to advise on democratic processes such as elections, representation and accountability within the Course Rep System.
You are a part of the Student Council, work with fellow Student Council members and the Academic Representation Officer.
Please note: we are looking for students from the following faculties:
- HSS - 1 student (Deputy Faculty Rep)
- CCI - 2 students (Faculty Rep & Deputy Faculty Rep)
- TEC - 1 student (Faculty Rep)
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to make a difference at the University of Portsmouth and contribute to lasting change for students
- Leadership skills
- Training and development opportunities
- A large supportive team of peers to work alongside
- It will look great on your CV, job applications or to future employers
Skills you’ll need and develop in the role:
- Public Speaking
- Problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to relate to people at all levels
- Empathy and good listening skills
- Outstanding organisation skills, including excellent attention to detail
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union (The Union or UPSU for short) is a forward thinking, friendly organisation with a vision of “delivering a positive impact with every Portsmouth student”. As a charity led by its values and guided by its members, we offer a wide range of services and activities to support and enrich the lives of our students. UPSU employs approximately 35 career staff, a further 100 student staff and we work with over 1000 registered student volunteers and over 100 student groups.
For an informal conversation about this opportunity, please contact Rebecca Adams (Senior Representation Function Manager) at email@example.com. Further information about Portsmouth Students’ Union is available at www.upsu.net.
Deadline: Open until filled
We kindly ask that candidates do not send CVs or cover letters as these will not be considered. You can find an application form on our website.
Anonymous shortlisting will be carried out for this role to ensure a fair and consistent approach to recruitment. We will not disclose any personal details to the shortlisting panel. Any documents or links with identifying information will not be used during shortlisting, but can be submitted if you are selected for an interview.
We are strongly dedicated to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) within our community and we are passionate about creating a welcoming and inclusive environment which supports everyone from recruitment through to appointment, regardless of your background. We welcome applications from all talented people and as part of this commitment, we are working to improve the diversity of our workforce to ensure that it is as relevant and representative of our student community as possible and are actively encouraging applications from underrepresented groups.
The Union is a MINDFUL EMPLOYER® and we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture and actively support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.
How to Apply
Completed application forms should be emailed before the closing date to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job title or reference number in the subject.
- CVs will not be considered as applications
- Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application
- Applications must be received before the stated closing time/date
- Applications may also be submitted by post, addressed to: Job Applications, University of Portsmouth Students' Union, Cambridge Road, Portsmouth PO1 2EF
Share Job Post
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University.