Work with us
Job Reference: UPSU22158
Term: Until July 2023
Closing Date: Midday, 30th September 2022
Interview Date: From 10th October 2022
The Student Council is the primary decision making body for all of UPSU's student ideas and democratic decisions. All student ideas which have passed through our ‘Have Your Say’ process will come before the Student Council for discussion and actioning. Student Council members will then provide guidance, advice, and support to these campaigns. This group was established in 2014 by The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union as part of the Democratic Review process, this group has undertaken changes along its journey but has shifted its focus and changing name from Union Actioning Body (UAB) to Student Council.
This group aims to represent all students at the University of Portsmouth in order to give students across the University a voice and opportunity to improve the student experience. This board is selected from their respective Faculties, student groups and Elected Officers and will draw on students interested in campaigns concerning defined aspects of the Student and Academic Experience.
Liberation Officers will represent students and campaign on issues that concern the larger Liberation campaign at the University of Portsmouth. This encompasses a wide remit, which includes any aspect of the Liberation Campaign Effort, examples of this are BAME, LGBT+, Disabled Students etc.)
Successful candidates will be students who take an active role within their learning and communities while studying at the University, and will have experience of working with a diverse range of people on a wide range of issues. Candidates for this role will also be expected to be able to draw upon personal experiences to effectively represent students.
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll gain valuable skills in leadership and conflict management
- You’ll develop your organisation and time management skills
- You’ll gain campaigns experience
- A chance to get more out of your university experience.
- It will look great on your CV, job applications or to future employers
To apply, please visit https://upsu.net/careers. Please note, candidates must fill in an application form. CVs will not be accepted.
For an informal conversation about this opportunity, please contact our Student Focus Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about Portsmouth Students’ Union is available at www.upsu.net.
How to Apply
Completed application forms should be emailed before the closing date to:email@example.com
Please quote the job title or reference number in the subject.
- CVs will not be considered as applications
- Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application
- Applications must be received before the stated closing time/date
- Applications may also be submitted by post, addressed to: Job Applications, University of Portsmouth Students' Union, Cambridge Road, Portsmouth PO1 2EF
Share Job Post
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University.