Work with us
Content Creator (Marketing Assistant)
Job Reference: UPSU22159
Remuneration: 9.50 per hour
Term: Until July 2023
Closing Date: Midday, 14th October 2022
Interview Date: 25th October 2022
We are looking for an enthusiastic student to join our casual staff team!
We are looking for a student to support the day-to-day operations of the Digital, Membership and Marketing function. The role will require working with the Communications Coordinator and Communications and Engagement Coordinator to deliver engaging content to students at the University of Portsmouth.
Skills you’ll need:
- An ability to undertake a broad range of creative tasks, including writing articles, graphic design, photography and video.
- Practical understanding of how to promote Union activities through various means of communication, with a particular understanding of social media platforms such as TikTok.
- Confident in communicating with relevant stakeholders to gain necessary information.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to gain work experience within a busy Marketing department.
- Working closely with a creative team who are open to new ideas and can help to broaden your skill set.
- Access to free training opportunities.
- It will look great on your CV, job applications or to future employers
As a charity led by its values and guided by its students, the Union does this by providing wide-ranging services and learner support to the 20,000 + students of the University of Portsmouth. The Union is based in the centre of Portsmouth and turns over £1.7M per annum, employing approximately 35 career staff and a further 35 casual staff. The organisation also works with over 1000 registered student volunteers and over 100 student groups.
Please note, candidates must fill in an application form. CVs will not be accepted.
For an informal conversation about this opportunity, please contact Myles Bartholomew, Marketing Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about Portsmouth Students’ Union is available at www.upsu.net.
Deadline: Midday, 14th October 2022
Interviews: 25th October 2022
*Please note, due to high numbers of applications, this role will close once 50 application forms have been submitted.
The Union is a MINDFUL EMPLOYER® and will ensure that its recruitment activities are mindful of equality and diversity matters.
How to Apply
Completed application forms should be emailed before the closing date to:email@example.com
Please quote the job title or reference number in the subject.
- CVs will not be considered as applications
- Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application
- Applications must be received before the stated closing time/date
- Applications may also be submitted by post, addressed to: Job Applications, University of Portsmouth Students' Union, Cambridge Road, Portsmouth PO1 2EF
Share Job Post
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University.