Work with us
Research & Data Coordinator (Permanent)
Job Reference: UPSU22141
Remuneration: £20,339 to £23,796 per annum
Closing Date: Midday, 18th July 2022
Interview Date: 26th July 2022
*Actual role title is Insights Coordinator
We are looking for an inquisitive individual with an eye for detail and a passion for data
The post-holder will be at the heart of collating and analysing data and presenting research to support the Union’s work. They will help facilitate the student voice and enable the Union to honestly and accurately represent the student body. They will also help develop our understanding of who our students are through maintaining our student data set and single source of truth. The post-holder will develop critical partnerships and ensure that our data is considered a trusted authority with stakeholders.
The post-holder will have experience of undertaking research projects and have the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities. They will be highly competent in data analysis, quantitative and qualitative research techniques and have the ability to present research findings and outcomes as well as make recommendations to a variety of stakeholders including students, academic staff and external partners. They will be a strong communicator, both verbally and written, with the ability to work with a wide range of audiences.
What we offer
- Strong team mentality, supportive and sociable workplace
- Regular training opportunities and team development days
- 30 days annual leave + bank holidays + additional Christmas leave (University shutdown)
- Flexi-time and 35 hour week
- Company Pension
- Hybrid Working Policy
- Access to University staff benefits: discounted gym membership, free library membership, bike safe
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union is a vibrant, forward thinking organisation with a vision of “delivering a positive impact with every Portsmouth student”. As a charity led by its values and guided by its students, the Union provides wide-ranging services and activities for the 20,000 + students of the University of Portsmouth. The Union is based in the centre of Portsmouth and turns over £1.7M per annum, employing approximately 35 career staff and a further 35 student staff. The organisation also works with over 1000 registered student volunteers and has close to 8000 members of sports clubs and societies.
For an informal conversation about this opportunity, please contact Anita Somal, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02392843672.
Closing date for applications: Midday, 18th July 2022
Interviews will be held on date: 26th July 2022
Please note that our shortlisting process is such that CVs will not be considered as any part of an application. Therefore please submit an application form only - any attached CVs will be disregarded. Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.
How to Apply
Completed application forms should be emailed before the closing date to:email@example.com
Please quote the job title or reference number in the subject.
- CVs will not be considered as applications
- Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application
- Applications must be received before the stated closing time/date
- Applications may also be submitted by post, addressed to: Job Applications, University of Portsmouth Students' Union, Cambridge Road, Portsmouth PO1 2EF
Share Job Post
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University.