Work with us
Insights Assistant (Student Role Only)
Job Reference: UPSU22194
Remuneration: £10.90 per hour
Term: Until July 2024
Closing Date: Midday, 25th September 2023
Interview Date: 2nd October 2023
We are looking for a student to join the Union’s Insights function to support the collection and analysis of student feedback. You’ll be helping us identify what your fellow students want and need so that we can inform the delivery and development of Union and University services and activity.
Skills you’ll need:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills of either or both quantitative and qualitative data, with an excellent attention to detail
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- A commitment to building and developing new skills
- Motivation and enthusiasm for working in a fast paced environment
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible hours to fit around your studies and commitments - you pick the shifts you want
- Development of skills to add to your CV or future application forms
- Work experience within a specialised field
- Training and professional development opportunities
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union (The Union or UPSU for short) is a forward thinking, friendly organisation with a vision of “delivering a positive impact with every Portsmouth student”. As a charity led by its values and guided by its members, we offer a wide range of services and activities to support and enrich the lives of our students. UPSU employs approximately 35 career staff, a further 100 student staff and we work with over 1000 registered student volunteers and over 100 student groups.
To apply, please visit www.upsu.net/careers. For an informal conversation about this opportunity, please contact the Insights Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Midday, 25th September 2023
Interviews: 2nd October 2023
We kindly ask that candidates do not send CVs or cover letters as these will not be considered. You can find an application form on our website.
Anonymous shortlisting will be carried out for this role to ensure a fair and consistent approach to recruitment. We will not disclose any personal details to the shortlisting panel. Any documents or links with identifying information will not be used during shortlisting, but can be submitted if you are selected for an interview.
We are strongly dedicated to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) within our community and we are passionate about creating a welcoming and inclusive environment which supports everyone from recruitment through to appointment, regardless of your background. We welcome applications from all talented people and as part of this commitment, we are working to improve the diversity of our workforce to ensure that it is as relevant and representative of our student community as possible and are actively encouraging applications from underrepresented groups.
The Union is a MINDFUL EMPLOYER® and we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture and actively support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.
How to Apply
Completed application forms should be emailed before the closing date to:email@example.com
Please quote the job title or reference number in the subject.
- CVs will not be considered as applications
- Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application
- Applications must be received before the stated closing time/date
- Applications may also be submitted by post, addressed to: Job Applications, University of Portsmouth Students' Union, Cambridge Road, Portsmouth PO1 2EF
Share Job Post
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University.