Work with us
Job Reference: UPSU22155
Term: Fixed term until July 2023
Closing Date: Midday, 30th September 2022
Interview Date: From 10th October 2022
Faculty Reps are a vital link between students, Course Reps, Students’ Union and University staff. The successful candidate will:
- work closely with Course Reps in their faculty to identify the most common issues and areas of best practice, which they will then put forward at Faculty meetings and other senior level meetings.
- ensure that the views and opinions they put forward are representative of the students within their faculty and will work closely with the University to ensure that student feedback is acted upon.
- oversee the Course Rep system on a faculty level and they support and motivate Course Reps and Student Voice Committee Chairs in their role.
- be members of their respective Faculty Network, where Course Reps meet to discuss current issues within the Faculty and share best practice
- be part of the Union Actioning Body committee/Student Council, which is the primary decision making body for all UPSU campaigns and democratic matters
- work particularly closely with fellow UAB/Student Council members and the Academic Representation Officer.
- a confident and outgoing person with a passion for representing the views of the students within their Faculty to ensure ideas, opinions and voices are heard.
- excellent communication and meeting skills are an advantage, but there will be opportunities for training to further improve these skills.
- We particularly welcome applications from students with previous experience of being a student representative, such as a Course Rep, and who understand the importance of academic representation within the University.
- You must be a current student at the University of Portsmouth in the academic year 2022-23
What’s in it for you?
- You will have the chance to represent and positively affect students like you
- You will develop many transferable skills such as negotiation, effective communication, leadership, the ability to present, coordinating others
- You will have access to regular training sessions to develop and improve your skills
- You will have the opportunity to meet students from across the University
- You will have access to a range of diverse professional networks, which means you are able to gain knowledge or scope out opportunities for the next step in your career progression
- It will look great on your CV, job applications or to future employers
For an informal conversation about this opportunity, please contact Rebecca Adams at email@example.com.
Further information about Portsmouth Students’ Union is available at www.upsu.net.
How to Apply
Completed application forms should be emailed before the closing date to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job title or reference number in the subject.
- CVs will not be considered as applications
- Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application
- Applications must be received before the stated closing time/date
- Applications may also be submitted by post, addressed to: Job Applications, University of Portsmouth Students' Union, Cambridge Road, Portsmouth PO1 2EF
Share Job Post
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University.