Work with us
Student Development Assistant
Job Reference: UPSU22154
Remuneration: £9.50 per hour
Term: Until July 2023
Closing Date: Midday, 30th September 2022
Interview Date: 14th October 2022
We are looking for 4 enthusiastic students to join our Student Development team!
We are looking for 4 students to support the Development team with the delivery of the Development Function by researching employment opportunities and skills, engaging and interviewing current students, and providing administrative support.
Candidates should be from the following faculties:
Skills you’ll need:
- Confidence researching and presenting information to the team
- Ability to communicate with students and staff members across different communication channels
- Confidence in conducting interviews with students
- Being a team player
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to work as part of an exciting new Function within UPSU
- To gain a better understanding on employment and the student experience
- To develop your communication skills
- To develop your organisation and time management skills
As a charity led by its values and guided by its students, the Union does this by providing wide-ranging services and learner support to the 20,000 + students of the University of Portsmouth. The Union is based in the centre of Portsmouth and turns over £1.7M per annum, employing approximately 35 career staff and a further 35 casual staff. The organisation also works with over 1000 registered student volunteers and over 100 student groups.
For an informal conversation about this opportunity, please contact Chelsea Hopson (Student Development Lead) at Chelsea.Hopson@upsu.net.
Deadline: Midday, 30th September 2022
Interviews: 14th October 2022
The Union is a MINDFUL EMPLOYER® and will ensure that its recruitment activities are mindful of equality and diversity matters.
How to Apply
Completed application forms should be emailed before the closing date to:email@example.com
Please quote the job title or reference number in the subject.
- CVs will not be considered as applications
- Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application
- Applications must be received before the stated closing time/date
- Applications may also be submitted by post, addressed to: Job Applications, University of Portsmouth Students' Union, Cambridge Road, Portsmouth PO1 2EF
Share Job Post
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University.