Welcome to UPSU
The Students’ Union is an independent charity that exists to advance your education at the University of Portsmouth through a range of exciting services and activities. Our mission is to have a positive impact with every Portsmouth student by 2021.
Representation at UPSU
Advice from UPSU
We hope university will be one of the best experiences of your life! But, we also know it has its ups and downs, and it can be tough. In case you do have any issues, the Union’s Advice Service is here to help.
Faculty Rep (TEC ONLY) - Student Role Only
Sep 14, 2021
How to Apply
Completed application forms should be emailed before the closing date to:email@example.com
Please quote the job title or reference number in the subject.
- CVs will not be considered as applications
- Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application
- Applications must be received before the stated closing time/date
- Applications may also be submitted by post, addressed to: Job Applications, University of Portsmouth Students' Union, Cambridge Road, Portsmouth PO1 2EF
- Role name
- Faculty Rep (TEC ONLY) - Student Role Only
- Job Reference
- Voluntary Position
- Until July 2022
- Closing Date
- Midday 15th October 2021
- Interview Date
- w/c 18 October 2021
Faculty Reps are a vital link between students, Course Reps, Students’ Union and University staff. The successful candidate will work closely with Course Reps in their faculty to identify the most common issues and areas of best practice, which they will then put forward at Faculty meetings and other senior level meetings. They will ensure that the views and opinions they put forward are representative of the students within their faculty and will work closely with the University to ensure that student feedback is acted upon. A Faculty Rep also oversees the Course Rep system on a faculty level and they support and motivate Course Reps and Student Voice Committee Chairs in their role. They are also members of their respective Faculty Network, where Course Reps meet to discuss current issues within the Faculty and share best practice. Faculty Reps are a part of the Union Actioning Body committee/Student Council, which is the primary decision making body for all UPSU campaigns and democratic matters and the successful candidate will work particularly closely with fellow UAB/Student Council members and the Academic Representation Officer.
We are looking for a confident and outgoing person in the Faculty of Technology with a passion for representing the views of the students within their Faculty to ensure ideas, opinions and voices are heard. Excellent communication and meeting skills are an advantage, but there will be opportunities for training to further improve these skills. We particularly welcome applications from students with previous experience of being a student representative, such as a Course Rep, and who understand the importance of academic representation within the University.
You must be a current student at the University of Portsmouth in the academic year 2020-21 and must be studying on a course within the Faculty Technology
What’s in it for you?
- You will have the chance to represent and positively affect students like you
- You will develop many transferable skills such as negotiation, effective communication, leadership, the ability to present, coordinating others
- You will have access to regular training sessions to develop and improve your skills
- You will have the opportunity to meet students from across the University
- You will have access to a range of diverse professional networks, which means you are able to gain knowledge or scope out opportunities for the next step in your career progression
- It will look great on your CV, job applications or to future employers
For an informal conversation about this opportunity, please contact Jordan Howard (Student Focus Coordinator) at Jordan.Howard@upsu.net.
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University.
© 2020 UPSU. Registered charity number 1136115, a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales number 3934555.
Site designed, developed and managed by MemPlus