Your Union menu
The Students’ Union is an independent charity that exists to advance your education at the University of Portsmouth through a range of exciting services and activities. Our mission is to have a positive impact with every Portsmouth student: Students are heard, students are empowered, students thrive.
Welcome Course Reps!
Welcome to your dedicated Course Rep page!
Here you can find all the information and links you need to be able to make change and thrive in your role as a Course Rep this year!
You're part of the Course Rep Team!
Missed Rep Con?
Did you miss our Rep Con training? No worries!
We are running more faculty-specific Course Rep training sessions throughout November, keep an eye on this page and the What's On page for more information and tickets.
You can also find all training slides here:
You will also be required to do GDPR training as a Course Rep, you will find this on the Student Leaders Portal. All information on how to find your training is here.
What are Faculty Reps
Faculty Representatives are selected by members of their faculty to ensure that their students' academic interests are represented. Faculty Representatives are also voluntary positions.
Faculty Reps will work with Course Reps in their faculty to make sure the student voice is heard and acted upon.
The faculty reps can be reached by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently looking for Faculty Reps, to find out more information visit the UPSU website.
Who are Student Voice Assistants?
Student Voice Assistants (SVAs) are here to support you!
SVAs are paid student staff that work part-time with the Union's Representation Team to make sure you have support you need in your role as Course Rep.
There are 23 Student Voice Assistants, they are allocated one per school and will work with all Course Reps in the school, as well as University and Union staff.
Your school will have an SVA assigned to support you, they will reach out to you at the start of your term as a Course Rep to introduce themselves.
SVAs can help with:
- Meeting support
- Feedback gathering
- Training and development opportunities
- Supporting you will challenges or queries
- Acting as a link with UoP staff
CCI Student Voice Assistants:
- Modupe Ilesanmi - CCI Senior Student Voice Assistant
- Ana Moura - SVA for School of Architecture
- Beau Sayles - SVA for School of Creative Technologies
- Laura Coello - SVA for School of Art, Design and Performance
- Michaela Kenny - SVA for School of Film, Media and Communication
BAL Student Voice Assistants:
- Dan Ummu-salamah - BAL Senior Student Voice Assistant
- Stephen Dada - SVA for School of Accounting, Economics and Finance
- Esosa Adun - SVA for School of Strategy, Marketing and Innovation
- Jeshna Sumputh - SVA for School of Organisations, Systems and People
- Cindy Addy - SVA for School of Law
SAH Student Voice Assistants:
- Mariana Varela - SAH Senior Student Voice Assistant
- TBC - SVA for School of Biological Sciences
- Deena Al Salmi - SVA for University of Portsmouth Dental Academy
- Salam Rasaki- SVA for School of Environment, Geography and Geosciences
- Iulisa Andries - SVA for School of Health and Care Professions
- Dariya Yestekbayeva - SVA for School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
- Peyli Chee - SVA for Department of Psychology
- Connie Gozzard - SVA for School of Sports, Health and Exercise Science
Tech Student Voice Assistants:
- Karolinne Cruciata - Tech Senior Student Voice Assistant
- Thierry Fox - SVA for School of Maths and Physics
- Nana Adjei- SVA for School of Computing
- Kenny Ige - SVA for School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Hugh Wallis - SVA for School of Mechanical and Design Engineering
- TBC - SVA for School of Energy and Electronic Engineering
HSS Student Voice Assistants:
Course Rep Activity Log
New for 23/24 the CRAL will be used to log any Course Rep duties you carry out!
Things to include:
- Class shoutouts
- 1-2-1 with SVAs and Students
- Attendance of SVCs
- All other relevant duties
The CRAL is divided into 3 sections:
What worked well? This is where you can briefly write any engagement opportunities with your fellow students, including class shoutouts / 1:1s / communication and networking.
Areas for improvement? This can be either a personal evaluation or anything identified as a CR you wish to develop.
Did you attend any EVENTS / MEETINGS / 1:1s? The list isn’t exhaustive - if you attended any other meetings or sessions you can include those.
You can find the CRAL template here. (Please make a copy of this template before editing it)
If you have any questions talk to your Student Voice Assistant or email email@example.com
Your Elected Officer Team 23/24
Who are Elected Officers?
Elected Officers are Students that have been elected into full-time Officer roles by students.
The Elected Officers (EOs) are all representatives of the student voice. This means that the EOs speak on behalf of students at the University of Portsmouth at the highest level internal and external meetings to guarantee students are always being heard.
Each Elected Officer is responsible for a particular area of the Union. The Academic Representation Officer is responsible for leading the Course Reps and will work closely with you throughout the year to make change at the University of Portsmouth.
To find out more about the Elected Officers, check out their webpage.
Key Contacts for Course Reps
As a Course Rep you may need to know different staff members from across the University and Union, you can find out how to contact them below.
Associate Dean (Students) for Humanities and Social Sciences - Mary Williams
Associate Dean (Students) for Science and Health - Kirsten Farrell
Associate Dean (Students) for Business and Law - Zoe Dann
Associate Dean (Students) for Creative and Cultural Industries - Simon Brookes
Associate Dean (Students) for the Faculty of Technology - Lee Woods
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University.