Student Council is the primary student-led decision making body at the Students' Union. They work together to tackle issues and run campaigns which affect all parts of student life, from your course to the wider University experience.
Our Student Council is made up of a group of elected student representatives including the 5 Elected Officers, Faculty Reps, Groups representatives, Student Liberation Officers and Student Experience Officers.
The Student Council will meet approximately every four weeks in 2022/23 - View meetings and minutes.
Faculty Representatives are selected by members of their faculty to ensure that their students' academic interests are represented. Faculty Representatives are also voluntary positions.
The faculty reps can be reached by emailing email@example.com
- Hailee Jingree - Business and Law
- Kajetan Albin - Business and Law Deputy
- Kieran O'Brien - Science and Health
- Marija Solic - Science and Health Deputy
- TBC - Creative Cultural Industries
- TBC - Creative Cultural Industries Deputy
- Anwar Jawula - Humanities and Social Sciences
- Jessica MacKlin - Humanities and Social Sciences Deputy
- Nana Adjei - Technology
- Caitlin Senior - Technology Deputy
The Student Officers are a collection of students who represent students based on a range of issues. Liberation Officers may represent students regarding anything on the Liberation Campaign, and Student Experience may represent students on anything regarding Student Experience.
- Jocelyn Ampofo-Manu - Liberation Officer
- Juan Ding - Student Experience Officer
- Omer Ibrahim - Student Experience Officer
- Mariella - Student Experience Officer
Our Union Chairs also sit on Student Council and ensure that student groups have their views represented too.
- Maizey Annear - Groups Executive Representative
Student Council is also supported by the Union's full-time Elected Officers. Each year five Elected Officers are elected by you to make positive changes to student life in Portsmouth. Officers are paid to spend a year leading the Union and delivering their manifesto points, this may be taken as a sabbatical from their studies or immediately after finishing their degree.
- Dom Owen - Democracy & Campaigns Officer (Email)
- Jade Underwood - Learning Experience Officer (Email)
- Natasha Layley - Welfare Officer (Email)
- Ayoola Johnson - Academic Representation Officer (Email)
- Temidayo Dosunmu - Development Officer (Email)
Fancy getting involved?
If you're interested in getting involved with Student Council, at any time during the academic year, send an email to StudentFocus@upsu.net and we'll get in touch with next steps.
Page created: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 16:13:11 GMT
Page updated: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 16:09:18 GMT
Call: 023 9284 3628
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University.