EDI Steering Group
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Steering Group Terms of Reference
Officer - NL
Chief Executive (CE)
Senior Leadership Team (SLT) Champion CC
EDI champion from each function (mixed levels)- MB/MK/GL/MS/BB/MaK
EDI student representative [inc but not exclusive to PGM Ambassador] - Added to Liberation officer remit
Vice Chair: MB
Senior Leadership Team via SLT Champion
Leadership & Board of Trustees via CE
Aim: To support colleagues within UPSU to ensure that its services and operations are accessible and uphold the principles of EDI (champion, steer, rally, drive discussions - be UPSU experts of the EDI Strategy). To make UPSU a consciously inclusive students’ union by implementing the EDI strategy and action plan to enable powerful participation & authentic representation for every student at the University of Portsmouth.
- To progress the implementation and ongoing development of UPSU’s EDI Strategy.
- To recommend annual actions, rapid impacts, and KPIs around EDI to Leadership & the Trustee Board, to come from either:
- Student led evidence
- UPSU Leadership
- To lead EDI work (strategic overview) across UPSU and monitor progress for any agreed annual priorities, rapid impacts and KPIs as identified above (this is not a matrix or delivery group).
- To identify and formulate other policy and practise for UPSU that promotes EDI if required.
- To drive discussions and support UPSU to provide safe spaces for students and staff to discuss issues around equality and diversity.
- To recommend training and development mechanisms for UPSU staff and students.
- To respond to feedback and views arising from the student body, UoP and landscape.
- Make recommendations to appropriate UPSU channels to lobby and challenge the University to develop and improve its practices and policies around EDI.
- To drive research into external and sector-wide best practice for opportunities for UPSU through various channels.
- To ensure that, via appropriate channels, we communicate to students (and wider stakeholders) our aims and intentions around EDI, as well as our progress, on a regular basis.
Page created: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 15:45:06 GMT
Page updated: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 09:54:54 GMT
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University.