Your Union menu
The Students’ Union is an independent charity that exists to advance your education at the University of Portsmouth through a range of exciting services and activities. Our mission is to have a positive impact with every Portsmouth student: Students are heard, students are empowered, students thrive.
Democracy & Campaigns Officer
Democracy & Campaigns Officer
Please see below all of the amazing things Anwar has been working on this month:
- Anwar has been providing items free of charge to students such as toilet rolls, folders and kitchen utensils! Anwar has secured these items from the University and has been handing them out as part of a cost of living stall in the Student's Union foyer.
- Attended the International Winter Welcome Fayre to talk to new students.
- Took part in the first Officer GOAT (Go Out And Talk) of the year and spoke to lots of students regarding ongoing issues and concerns (keep your eyes peeled for the next GOAT date!)
- Held his first Democracy and Campaigns Officer Q&A.
- Contributed to a Wellbeing Café in the Park Building!
- Anwar has been working really hard to ensure the completion of the Annual Members Review (Thank you for all who took part!)
- Supported with the BAL Craft with your Course Reps event which took place in Eldon!
- Took part in the UPSU Liberation Forum.
- Took part in Media Training with UoP.
Please see below the brilliant things Anwar has been working on over the past month:
- Anwar has recruited individuals for the Student Council and has held the first Student Council meeting of the academic year, successfully chairing the meeting!
- Anwar has been continuing his amazing work surrounding the cost of living crisis and continues to seek out ways to try and support students.
- Anwar worked with the UPSU EDI steering group in implementing a solidarity tree for Transgender Awareness Week.
- Anwar has also worked really hard in ensuring the completion of the Annual Members Review. (Thank you to all who took part!)
- Went on Officers On Tour!
- Anwar met with Portsmouth City Council to discuss their plans to make the city safer!
- Anwar also attended Stephen Morgan's Mental Health and Loneliness talk. He spoke about the issues facing students in Portsmouth and discussed the ways that the Students' Union supports them.
Anwar has started his term as an elected officer with passion and determination. Please see below updates on Anwar's current achievements and ongoing work:
- Anwar has been in conversations with the University regarding slow broadband in several of the buildings around campus and the University have now agreed to survey several buildings and look into this ongoing issue!
- Anwar has worked extremely hard to ensure that the UPSUOfficers Instagram page is active and providing students with updates! Engagement on the page has increased by 150% which is an incredible achievement! (If you don't already, be sure to follow the officer team on Instagram @upsuofficers)
- Anwar has been looking in to the democratic processes at the Union and is working hard to ensure the Have Your Say service is promoted so that students are aware that they can put forward their ideas for a campaign! These campaigns will then be reviewed at student council once they have received 15 supporters!
- Anwar continues to work to ensure students are supported throughout the cost of living crisis and has secured over 200 toilet rolls for students. He is also looking at other ways students can be supported throughout their time here at University. Anwar is just finalising a process for students to access them, keep an eye on social media/emails for updates!
- Anwar also did incredible work during Black History Month and organised an Inclusivity Pledge Board which was signed by multiple students and clubs/societies. Anwar also helped to organise speaker events throughout the month including Chris Lubbe (former bodyguard of Nelson Mandela!)
Page created: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 09:21:59 GMT
Page updated: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 13:11:35 GMT
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University.