“Capturing and reporting on the student voice”
What do we do?
Insights as a department aims to inform Union activity through research and support. We do this through:
- The collection of student feedback
- The analysis and reporting of external data sets
- Managing student data and dashboards
How can we help?
Insights consults on, delivers, and reports on a range of projects, both internal and external. This includes:
- Focus Groups
- Interactive Surveys
- Market Research
- Data Set Analysis
How to get in touch with us?
Very easily! If you would like to chat to Insights about your data needs; or simply would like to learn more about our role within UPSU, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming / Ongoing Projects?
- Democracy Review - ongoing in 2023. The aim of this is to review UPSU's democratic structures and design new processes to help us represent you.
- Annual Survey - The Union's Annual Survey gathers student opinions on a wide range of topics to help us inform the work we do.
- Student Academic Representation Tool (StART) - open all year round, promoted during "StART Talking Weeks". This is your chance to give feedback on your academic experience this year.
- NSS (National Student Survey) - This captures final year undergraduates’ thoughts and opinions on the university, which Insights analyse over the summer to give recommendations to the University and UPSU.
22/23 Academic Year - Insights Reports
Have a look at these report if you're interested in learning about faculty specific feedback from students.
Have a look at this report if you're interested in student satisfaction / priorities or the new UPSU Strategy.
- Annual Survey November 2022 - This survey, focusing on UPSU's new Strategy release in 2023, builds upon previous research.
The report below details the feedback UPSU received on it's current democratic processes, which have informed our ongoing evaluation of such processes.
- Democracy Review 2023 - This survey details responses surrounding student views of UPSU's current democratic processes.
- NSS July 2022
- StART Annual Overview May 2022
- Housing Survey April 2022
- StART Talking Week, March 2022
- Annual Survey March 2022
- StART Talking Week, January 2022
- StART Talking Week, November 2021
- Annual Survey November 2021
- StART Talking Week January 2020
- Timetabling January 2020
- Sports Delivery
- Great Big Student Survey October 2019
- StART Talking Week October 2019
- NSS 2019
- Sabbatical Officer Review
- Purple Wednesday Focus Groups
- Shop Services Focus Groups
- Content Capture December 2018
- Stressless Focus Groups
- StART Talking Week November 2018
- Remote Studying Students
- Student Groups Consultation
- Technology Focus Group
- NSS 2018 - Qualitative/Quantitative
- Sports Centre Consultation
As a reminder, if you’re interested in learning more about how Insights can support you, or what we do within UPSU, please email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Page created: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 16:15:10 GMT
Page updated: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 10:40:18 GMT
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University.